Tuesday, May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire


It's been quite a while since my last post, but I haven't forgotten all of you. I've been looking forward to today in particular, as it's the release of one of the most highly anticipated video games in video game history. Not that I know very much about gaming in general, but it's hard to miss this one. L.A. Noire billboards are everywhere and the commercials they're running are fantastic. I've never had the urge to play a video game before, but I'm pretty sure this is about as close as I'll come. If any of you have been the first at the doors of GameStop, be sure to let me know what you think of the experience as soon as you've played for an hour or two.

Since most people picking up L.A. Noire this week aren't necessarily familiar with noire as a genre, I may be running some introductory posts here in the coming week to get you started. But if you live in the L.A. area, I'd suggest getting in your car and driving some of the roads you'll be seeing in the game. There's still a lot of the old world left in these starstruck streets.

No comments: